Employment At Mindset Intervention
Some of the benefits of working for Mindset Intervention:
- Work in a close knit team of a growing company – be part of the growth
- Employee Assistance Program to support you if and when required
- We invest in training and development of our team
- Weekly pay
Expressions Of Interest
Disability & Mental Health Support Worker
If you feel you would love to be part of our team, please fill out our form, send through a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience and a copy of your resume.
|Position Title:||Disability and Mental Health Support Worker|
|Reports To:||NDIS Service Delivery Co-Ordinator|
|Location:||Depends on where the client lives in the community as support services are provided in the client’s home/or in their community.|
Purpose of Position:
Mindset Intervention Pty Ltd is a registered NDIS Service Provider who provide services to clients living with disability, mental illness, and complex behaviours. We pride ourselves on delivering service excellence by providing high quality support to enrich the lives of people we support.
The Disability and Mental Health Support Worker provides high quality professional and individualised support to our clients at home and in the community. The objective of our range of support and services is to empower our clients, promote choice and assist clients in achieving their goals as outlined within their NDIS Plan.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assisting with Personal care and hygiene
- Assisting with activities of daily living, including household cleaning
- Assisting with everyday tasks such as budgeting, shopping, meal preparation
- Assisting clients to accessing services and activities in the community
- Attending medical or allied health appointments (if required)
- Working with the client to achieve goals documented in their Client Support Plan including implementing behaviour support plans
- Transporting clients to appointments or community activities (when required)
- Medication prompting
- Working as part of a team to ensure continuity and consistency of support to our clients
- Completing and uploading of Client Session Reports after each shift
- Reporting any client’s risks or organisational risks
- Reporting and documenting any incidents
- Adhering to Governance and Management, Client Service Delivery, Human Resource Management and Work Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as directed by the NDIS Service Delivery Co-Ordinator.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate 111/IV in Disability, Mental Health or Community Services (or willing to obtain).
- Minimum 1-year previous paid experience in disability, mental health, or community services.
Skills and knowledge:
- Flexible and ability to adapt to any situation with an empathetic and calming attitude
- Confident in dealing with complex support needs
- Strong professionalism and an understanding of personal and professional boundaries
- Genuine interest in supporting people with a disability or a mental health condition
- Excellent organisational, administration and time-management skills
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Smart phone and internet access
- Intermediate computer skills E.G., Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to foster positive working relationships and capacity to work as a member of a team or to work independently
- Abide by the NDIS Code of Conduct.
- Yellow Card or NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willing to obtain)
- First aid and CPR
- NDIS Workers Orientation Module (or willing to obtain)
- COVID-19 Infection Control Training (or willing to obtain)
- Paid Blue Card (if required)
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Registered, roadworthy car with comprehensive insurance
- Flu Vaccine (desired)
- Covid-19 Vaccine
- Flexible availability.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Reaching client goals outlined in the Client NDIS Support Plan within the time frame through providing a high-quality service
- Feedback that support is provided in a caring and supportive way
- Evidence that all organisational policies and procedures are followed
- A high level of communication to internal and external stakeholders regarding client’s welfare or advising of any potential risks to clients or the organisation
- Analyse and review clients’ goals to ensure progress and clients’ needs are being met
- Documentation is completed accurately and within a timely manner
- NDIS Code of Conduct is adhered too.